Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada is pleased to offer post-secondary scholarships to eligible youth members from across Canada. Scholarships will be provided to youth for the 2021-2022 academic year. Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time or part-time program at an accredited post-secondary educational institution beginning in September 2021.
Value of scholarships: $750 - $4,000
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a current or former Boys and Girls Club member for a minimum of 1 year.
2. Be a maximum of 24 years of age at the time of application.
3. Be pursuing some form of full-time or part-time post-secondary education (e.g. college, university or trades school; diploma, degree, apprenticeship, or other program) at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada beginning September 2021. The program must be one year in length at a minimum.
4. The applicant may apply at any point during his or her pursuit of post-secondary education.
5. Full-time employees of the Boys and Girls Club are not eligible (seasonal and part-time employees are eligible to apply).
Past recipients are invited to apply, however, preference may be given to first-time applicants.
The following factors will be taken into consideration when selecting scholarship recipients:
-Years of Boys and Girls Club membership
-Level/extent of participation
-Other community or volunteer activities
-Letter(s) of recommendation
-Club nomination form
-Full completion of application and supporting documents
-Boys and Girls Club ranking (where applicable)
Scholarship recipients will be notified in writing via email no later than June 30, 2021, and funds will be forwarded to the applicable post-secondary institution by September 30, 2021.
Please note: BGCC cannot guarantee that scholarship funds will be forwarded to the recipient prior to tuition deadlines, however, every effort will be made to do so!
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please contact Leslie Elliott email@example.com or 905.477.7272 ext. 2217.
*Please note: Once you start your application, you can save it and return to it at another time.